Body Scrub Is Not Just For Summer!
Get the most out of your winter skincare routine! Here's some information and a DIY solution on gentle exfoliating to help you maximize your Winter Glow experience. I hope it will bring a new level of excitement and discovery to your self care through skincare journey. But first...
- Skin looks and healthier and "glows" -
- Better product absorption of moisturizers and serums -
HOW TO EXFOLIATE...GENTLY...WITH RICE POWDER!But wait, why rice powder? First, I'm talking rice powder, not rice flour...they are NOT the same. Rice powder is a softer material to use (which is what you need in Winter) than most exfoliants like sugar or salt. The goal is gentle exfoliation with NO irritation...rice powder will do that.
HOW TO MAKE RICE POWDER
- Grind 1 to 2 cups of uncooked rice in high-speed blender or coffee grinder. (A regular blender will not be suitable to grind rice into powder)
- Grind until a powder is formed...it should be powdery without creating dust.
DIY RICE POWDER EXFOLIATOR
- Mix 1 tablespoon of powder with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil or sweet almond oil.
- After toning, massage into skin, focusing on how smoothly it glides and feels on skin.
- Rinse well, enjoy the glow.
- Cleanse a 2nd time to remove residual oil if too much is left on skin.
As with any product you make at home, be sure to do a patch test to ensure no reaction will occur. Here's how to do that ---> EASY PATCH TEST. Enjoy your beautiful glow this winter...and don't forget to exfoliate your lips at least once per week!
Stay beautiful til next time...