In my recent search for some much needed essential oils, I came across some interesting information on Hemp Seed Oil. Our friends over at HippieButter specialize in just that....products made with Hemp Seed Oil.
Ok, so I'm excited to share that we have a guest author this week sharing the benefits of Hemp Seed Lotion! Yay! So read on!
Industrial hemp is one of the Earth's most sustainable and renewable resources for food, fiber and oil that is perfect for the human body from the inside out. Hemp lotion is quickly becoming the lotion of choice by moms, teenagers and dads of all ages. If you're disappointed with the results you're getting with your regular lotion, then consider using a skin product that contains hemp seed oil.
- Hemp Seed Oil has vitamins A, C & E that help protect skin from natural and environmentally triggered oxidants.
- Hemp Seed Oil is one of nature's richest sources of Essential Fatty Acids and Key Amino Acids.
- Hemp Lotion is safe for infants, children, teenagers, young adults, adults and seniors.
- Using hemp lotion as a natural skin care remedy will help to soothe even the most problematic skin.
- Lotion made with hemp seed oil may help reduce the appearance of stretch marks and abrasions, as well as ease flaking, acne and inflammation.
- Hemp seed oil is non-toxic for external use in lotions, moisturizers and creams, and it is also safe and even healthy for internal ingestion.
- Hemp lotion is becoming increasingly popular due to current research that shows hemp seed oil contains high amounts of Omega-3 and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) oils, known as Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs).
- Hemp lotion and moisturizer are known to be quite effective in restoring the oil levels in the skin to a healthy natural balance.
- There are no scientific reports or studies yet that have highlighted any side effects of using lotion made with hemp seed oil.
- Skin and body care products made with hemp seed oil are readily available from many vendors, including health food stores and online retailers like Hippie Butter.
The major problem with ordinary lotions produced from conventional ingredients is they may damage the skin. This is due to the fact that various chemicals are added to the lotion to give it texture, fragrance and color. Some of these toxic chemicals include the following: mineral oil, sodium lauryl sulfate, Alkyloamides and many more. Some of these lotions can actually cause skin irritations.
By Brad Ervin - CHO of Hippie Butter Hemp Seeds
Stay beautiful til next time.....
Welcome to Kim's Place! It's a place where you can get "how-to" information (and guest authors) on hand making your own skin care items. Everybody loves handmade, right?!